1) It works. Using emails to market your photography business is a highly-effective tactic. It is one tactic that I feel helped me grow my wedding photography business the most.
2) Play by the rules. Email marketers need to be aware of the CAN-SPAM Act. Basically, it states that if you’re promoting a product or service using email marketing, you have to abide by certain rules. Some of the rules include being truthful in the subject line, clearly showing who the email is from, including your mailing address in the email and also making sure that people can opt-out or unsubscribe.
3) Use an ESP. An ESP is an email service provider. Two of the benefits of using an email service provider are that it makes it easier to comply with the CAN-SPAM Act because they already have these features built into their systems and using an ESP means you can track your email stats. You can see how many of your emails are actually getting viewed, read, and clicked on, providing you with valuable information on your photography business.
4) Track your results. You can track your email open and deliverability rates when you use an email service provider. Your stats will show you which products and offers your customers are most interested in, what subject lines work well with your target audience, and who your most loyal customers are.
5) You own your email list. While social media platforms may own your followers, you own your email subscriber list. It’s one of the things that add value to your photography business. Like they say “The money is in the list.” This is because your email list is something you can use to acquire repeat business and get new clients.