10 Quick Tips for Photographing Fireworks!
Here are top 10 quick tips for photographing fireworks:
1) Arrive early to find a good spot.
2) Use a tripod and remote shutter release.
3) Use a small aperture between f/5.6-5/16 (f/8 is usually good).
4) Use a slow shutter speed. Between 5 to 10 seconds is good. You can also use bulb setting.
5) Set your ISO to around 100 or 200
6) Make sure you flash is turned off.
7) Focus your lens ahead of time.
8) Shoot most of your shots at the beginning of the show. As it progresses there will be more smoke in the air and the sky won’t look as clear.
9) Shoot wide. Make sure you have enough room in the frame to get the full bursts of the fireworks.
10) Take some test shots.