Photography gift cards and gift certificates are great to include in your photography marketing plan, especially during any holiday season! You can create attractive gift cards for photography clients using this FREE gift certificate template for photographers.
According to a recent survey from the National Retail Federation, approximately 81 percent of adults in America will purchase one gift card during the holidays, if not more.
One reason gift cards and gift certificates are great for photography businesses is because clients can take advantage of special offers now and have the option to schedule their session at a less busy time of the year. This is a win-win for both the photographer and their clients.
So how do you use gift certificates in your photography business? Here are just five ways:
1) Offer a special on a gift certificate purchase. For example, "buy one get one as a gift" or even "buy two get one free". Your client can give the gift of photography to someone else and is rewarded with a gift to themselves as well.
2) Offer kickback incentives. For example give the client "x" amount in credit for every "x" amount purchased in gift cards or gift certificates for others. This will vary based on your business model. Perhaps $10 for every $100, $50 for ever $200 spent, etc...
3) Include charitable giving with gift card purchases. Everyone loves when their purchase helps a cause. Find a cause that is near and dear to your heart and let your clients know that you will be donating a percentage of the proceeds from gift card purchases.
4) Offer incentives through your gift cards. For example, "purchase a $350 gift card for only $250."
5) Give away gift cards. Surprise your best clients and send them a gift certificate for a "free photography session" and up-sell them on your custom packages or custom frames and albums later. Or send them a complimentary gift card for $50 off a purchase of $200 or more. Again, the amounts you use will depend on your business and the cost of your sessions, products, packages, etc...
Be sure and print your gift certificates on the finest quality paper and place them in a lovely box with a beautifully tied ribbon. Make sure to include the details such as the amount, expiration date, and any disclaimers such as what they can and can't be used for.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Fall is right around the corner, and that means it's time for mini sessions. Mini sessions are a great way to get your business in front of new clients, and they're also a lot of fun. Here are some tips for planning and marketing your fall mini sessions: