Photography gift certificates and gift cards are great to include in your photography marketing plan, especially during any holiday season! You can create attractive gift cards for photography clients using this FREE photography gift certificate template for photographers.
According to a recent survey from the National Retail Federation, approximately 81 percent of adults in America will purchase one gift card during the holidays, if not more.
One reason gift cards and gift certificates are great for photography businesses is because clients can take advantage of special offers now and have the option to schedule their session at a less busy time of the year. This is a win-win for both the photographer and their clients.
So how do you use gift certificates in your photography business? Here are just five ways:
1) Offer a special on a photography gift certificate with purchase. For example, "buy one get one as a gift" or even "buy two get one free". Your client can give the gift of photography to someone else and is rewarded with a gift to themselves as well.
2) Offer kickback incentives. For example give the client "x" amount in credit for every "x" amount purchased in gift cards or gift certificates for others. This will vary based on your business model. Perhaps $10 for every $100, $50 for ever $200 spent, etc...
3) Include charitable giving with gift card purchases. Everyone loves when their purchase helps a cause. Find a cause that is near and dear to your heart and let your clients know that you will be donating a percentage of the proceeds from gift card purchases.
4) Offer incentives through your gift cards. For example, "purchase a $350 gift card for only $250."
5) Give away gift cards. Surprise your best clients and send them a gift certificate for a "free photography session" and up-sell them on your custom packages or custom frames and albums later. Or send them a complimentary gift card for $50 off a purchase of $200 or more. Again, the amounts you use will depend on your business and the cost of your sessions, products, packages, etc...
Be sure and print your photography gift certificates on the finest quality paper and place them in a lovely box with a beautifully tied ribbon.
Here are some things to remember to include:
Include the recipient's name: Make sure to include the name of the person who will be receiving the gift certificate. This helps to personalize the gift and make it feel more special.
Specify the type of photography session: Will the gift certificate be for a portrait session, a family session, or a more specialized type of photography such as boudoir or newborn photos? Make sure to specify this information so the recipient knows what to expect.
Include the details of the session: Include information such as the length of the session, the location of the session, and any other details that may be relevant.
Include an expiration date: It's a good idea to include an expiration date on the gift certificate so the recipient knows how long they have to redeem it.
Add some personal touches: Consider adding a personal message or a favorite quote to the gift certificate to make it feel even more special.
Comments will be approved before showing up.