If you’re looking to drive more traffic to your photography website, developing a blog is one of the best ways to do this.
By blogging on a regular basis you can provide new and existing clients with additional value plus it gives them a reason to keep coming back to your website.
If you’re wondering what you should be writing about, here are a few ideas to help you get started.
- Client Education. Educating your clients on what to expect from specific photoshoots will help them feel more comfortable and will ensure the shoot goes a lot smoother too. Give them tips that are easy to action such as how to prepare for a shoot, what to wear and what they need to know about working with you.
- Client Resources. Providing your clients with relevant resources is a great way to offer them extra value as a photographer. If you shoot weddings, give your brides some of your recommendations for hair and makeup artists, venues and florists. Specialize in newborn shoots? Tell moms where they can find great outfits for their little one. You could also take things one step further and throw in a few posts that aren’t necessarily related to photography but that your specific target audience would find interesting and valuable.
- Q&A. As a photographer, you’ll more than likely be asked the same questions over and over again so it helps to have this information available on your site. Pick a few frequently asked questions and write a blog post on each of them. Add a few tips relating to each question to make it even more useful for clients. By having this content available on your site, you can simply send new clients the links to your blog posts if you happen to receive that question again via email in the future.
- Round up posts. This is a good way to showcase some of your best work. If you’re coming to the end of the year, create a blog post about your best images for that year. If you’re a wedding photographer you can create a few posts about your favorite wedding dress shots, first dance or first kiss shots. These types of posts can be used for any genre.
- Top photo locations. Clients are always looking for photo location ideas, whether it’s for a wedding, an engagement or even a family photoshoot. Create a few posts about some of your favorite locations and why you love them so much. Add a few images to make your posts more visually appealing. Keep in mind you don’t have to have shot at a location before to recommend it to your clients. If you know of a few places that you would love to shoot at or a wedding venue you would love to shoot for, write about it because it just might land you a contract at that location.