When it comes to promoting their businesses, many photographers immediately turn to social media, not realizing that email marketing can be just as effective.
Email marketing is a great way to build and maintain relationships with your clients while promoting your products and services at the same time.
If you’re still unsure about whether you want to use this marketing tactic, here are 5 reasons why you should be using it to promote your photography business.
- It diversifies your promotional efforts. Social media simply isn’t enough when it comes to promoting your photography business plus it’s becoming much harder to reach your clients and fans organically with so much content being posted and shared on a daily basis. Email marketing is a direct link between you and your clients and once they open your email, you have their undivided attention. Newsletters are far more engaging and if you’re consistent enough and test what works for your specific audience, your clients will look forward to your next email. Email marketing will help support your efforts on social media by showing new and existing clients that you have interesting content to share, ensuring they pay more attention to your social media posts going forward.
- It lets you stay in touch. To help your business grow and thrive, you need to keep reminding clients that you exist so that you’re the first thing to pop into their heads when they need your products or services.
- Stay ahead of competitors. If you have to research other photographers in your area, you might find that many of them don’t actually send out emails. This is usually because it is seen as a time-consuming activity or because they haven’t seen immediate results from their efforts. If you want to stay one step ahead of your competitors, it might be time to add a monthly newsletter to your marketing mix.
- Increase brand recognition. How easily are customers able to recognize your brand and your work? Email marketing will help reinforce your brand in the minds of consumers, ensuring they can easily recognize you in the marketplace.
- Clients want to hear from you. Communicating with your clients on a regular basis shows them that you care about forming a relationship with them and aren’t just in it to sell them a product or photoshoot and move on. Staying in touch on a regular basis also has a great knock-on word of mouth effect.